Business Development Director
The Business Development Director position at the Phoenix Dream Center is an opportunity to use your business management skills to make real-world change in the lives of survivors of human trafficking and homeless youth.
This position is responsible to manage our business opportunities and profit centers that create revenue that the Phoenix Dream Center uses to Stop Human Trafficking, End Childhood Hunger, and Educate Tomorrows Leaders.
Every year, nearly 200 girls and young women are set free from human trafficking thanks, in large part, to the revenue developed by the Business Development Director. Revenue that is generated also helps to deliver over 500,000 meals to children in need and reaches over 500 young adults who are struggling with homelessness.
This job changes lives and makes the world a little bit better, every day.
Level In Organization
Executive Level, Core Executive Team Member
$60K to $80K plus Benefits, plus Commission Bonuses
Areas of Focus
Business Management, Team Management, Sales and Marketing
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage of the Business Development Department and its business efforts including the gross sales of over $100,000 per month for our “Dream Goods” Outlet and Corporate Inventory Solutions profit centers
- Develop the annual strategic sales and customer retention/acquisition plans
- Prepare quarterly and monthly sales forecasts
- Develop and implement sales pipeline lead generation plans
- Build strong, long-term relationships with all existing and new customers
- Leverage existing customer relationships for new customer referrals and introductions
- Conduct ongoing competitive and industry research to expand knowledge and professional development initiatives
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training of sales team and management team members, along with providing vital support in their onboarding and ongoing training and sales success
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, and training of the volunteer base that provides support to the Business Development Department
- Provide leadership that inspires accountability for a sales team that expands in direct response to anticipated sales growth
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of business management and sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the entire sales cycle from cold calling to close
- Leadership skills that inspire ownership for results
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Strong relationship building expertise
- Experience with CRM systems, such as HubSpot, Infusionsoft or Salesforce
- Meets or exceeds sales targets and customer retention goals to maintain and grow the gross monthly sales beyond $100,000
- Accurate tracking of pipeline lead development and sales forecasting
- Accurate, timely reporting of progress of key sales performance indicators
- Effective recruiting, training, and leadership of future sales team members
- Expansion of sales approaches similar to current channel partners program
$60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Business Management Degree or Certifications (and/or)
- Marketing Degree or Certifications with Business Focus (and/or)
- Successful and Equivalent Workforce Experience
You’ll know this job is for you if you are an executive-level professional who is a self-starter, with a passion for serving in a fast-paced social services ministry environment.
You would excel at this job if you have a track record of success in providing executive-level management services for similar non-profits or government organizations in the community.
The Business Development Director must be exceptionally skilled at business development, management, communications, marketing, and must have the ability to work across a broad range of ministry departments in order to achieve the goals of the agency.
Finally, you’ll love this job if you excel in a volunteer-driven, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that drives revenue for programs that change the lives of people in need.